Conducting and reporting on Installation Contractor Office Quality Audits & Site Audits (Inspections) as part of the IFCC installer certification scheme, assisting in conducting internal quality audits allied to maintenance of UKAS Accreditations held by IFCC. Responding to customer requests as required.
Conducting site inspections following the requirements of ISO/IEC 17020 and reporting on those inspections.
The job requires the ability to plan and organise day to day activities involving administrative, investigative, inspection, auditing, measuring and reporting skills.
The nature of the job requires a flexible approach, the ability to work on ones’ own and to work irregular hours as the need arises.
Reviewing audit / inspection reports which the Site Inspection Manager is unable to undertake in view of carrying out the audit / inspection himself due to dual job responsibility.
Willingness to work in a team environment to cross cover for other Engineering work within IFC.
Other activities as required by Senior Management within the ethos of the company.
- Identification of office system requirements for installer certification in support of the IFCC scheme and any other relevant requirements.
- Liaison with clients on office system requirements and any other issues.
- Conduct Initial and Surveillance audits of clients’ office systems as required in accordance with BS EN ISO 17065 and IFCC scheme requirements.
- Identification of site installation requirements for installer certification in support of the IFCC scheme and any other relevant requirements.
- Liaison with clients on site installation requirements and any other issues.
- Conduct Initial and Surveillance audits of client’s site installation work as required in accordance with BS EN ISO 17065 and IFCC scheme requirements.
ISO/IEC 17020 Site Inspection
- Carry out site inspections of buildings in accordance with Clients’ specific requirements and ISO/IEC 17020.
- Report inspection findings in accordance with ISO/IEC 17020.
- Liaison with clients on ISO/IEC 17020 requirements and any other issues.
- Ensuring that clients and enquirers receive sound technical advice.
- Ensuring that all inspections and audits are conducted fully in accordance with the requirements of the relevant Standard and internal procedures.
- Ensuring that all inspections and audits are conducted and reported within the agreed time-scales.
- Dealing with new client’s enquiries.
- Preparing quotations for new clients.
- Conducting contract reviews on client applications.
Education & Experience
Preferably educated to at least ‘A’ level or equivalent. The Senior Inspectors must have a background in working in a technical or quality control role for either a certification/inspection body, a manufacturer of fire protection products or an application/installation contractor for a minimum of 2 years.
Preferably educated to at least ‘A’ level or equivalent. The Certification Engineers must have a background in working in a technical or quality control role for either a certification/inspection body, a manufacturer of fire protection products or an application/installation contractor for a minimum of 2 years.
- Good attention to detail
- Strong team member
- Full UK Driving license
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Computer literate
- Commercially aware
- Good time management and adherence to deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- Willingness to travel
Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
It is the policy of the IFC Group to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. The organisation is committed not only to its legal obligations but also to the positive promotion of equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
The application of recruitment, training, and promotion policies to all individuals will be on the basis of job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits.
The organisation recognises that adhering to the Equal Opportunities Policy, combined with relevant employment policies and practices, maximises the effective use of individuals in both the organisation’s and employee’s best interests. The IFC group recognises the great benefits in having a diverse workforce with different backgrounds, solely employed on ability.