To provide comprehensive fire engineering design advice as part of design team on a wide variety of projects and to ensure constant improvement and technical development to their skills in all areas of fire engineering.
This role will also provide guidance and support to junior members of staff to help their development as well as support for other parts of the IFC Group.
- Project management. All aspects – from assisting with preparation of quotes, through to management of the delivery of the technical expertise, analyses and reports as necessary
- Management of budgets
- Liaising closely with clients on ongoing projects
- Reviewing drawings and other technical information submitted by design teams, drafting and preparing documentation and reports for the fire engineering design of buildings
- Correspondence, liaison, reporting, etc. with other employees and Clients, as required
- Dealing with internal and external enquiries efficiently and professionally as a point of contact for the Fire Engineering Team
- Maintaining and recording continuous professional development (CPD) training to continually improve technical expertise, including training activities (both internal & external, formal & informal – e.g. shadowing and on-the-job training)
- Attend client meetings
- In conjunction with colleagues, assist with developing and maintaining effective & efficient electronic filing and project management systems
- Provide cover during the absence of other Team members
- Producing/amending technical CPD style seminars and presentations, disseminating findings and leading team briefings
- Flexibility in supporting the Team and others in reacting to immediate and urgent operational issues
- Working effectively in a team environment to cover for other engineering work within IFC