To provide comprehensive engineering support as a Consultant Engineer to the engineering functions of the Product Team, the Fire Safety Engineering and other IFC teams working as part of the wider Engineering team.
Researching, drafting & preparing documentation and reports for the design, testing and approvals of product, e.g. engineering assessments, Field of Application Reports
You will have knowledge of and experience in the following areas:
- Correspondence, liaison, reporting, etc. with other staff and Clients, as required
- Dealing efficiently with enquiries, internal and external, as a point of contact for the Product Evaluation Team
- Attend Client meetings, site surveys, committees and fire resistance testing
- Managing product design and development programmes, including fire resistance testing in various laboratories in the UK and abroad
- In conjunction with others help develop and maintain effective and efficient electronic filing and project management systems and reporting
- Provide cover during absences
- Engineering administrative support for team meetings
- Producing/amending technical CPD type seminars and PowerPoint presentations disseminating findings and team briefings, as required
- Flexibility to support the Product Team and others in reacting to immediate and urgent operational issues
- Maintain accurate time recording, including CPD and training activities (internal, external, formal & informal)
- Other activities as required by Senior Management within the ethos of the company
Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
The application of recruitment, training, and promotion policies to all individuals will be on the basis of job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits.