To provide comprehensive engineering support as a Consultant Engineer.
The post holder is expected to be flexible in supporting the varied engineering functions of the Product Team, the Fire Safety Engineering and other IFC teams working as part of the wider Engineering team.
The ideal candidate should have knowledge and preferably proven experience in the following areas:
- Researching, drafting and preparing documentation and reports for the design, testing and approvals of product, e.g. engineering assessments, Field of Application Reports
- Correspondence, liaison, reporting, etc. with other staff and Clients, as required
- Dealing with enquiries internal and external by telephone, email or personally in an efficient and professional manner as a point of contact for the Product Evaluation Team
- Attend Client meetings, site surveys, committees and fire resistance testing, with appropriate use of PPE, as required
- Managing product design and development programmes, including fire resistance testing in various laboratories in the UK and abroad
- In conjunction with others help to develop and maintain more effective and efficient electronic filing and project management systems and reporting for Product Engineering Seniors, Managers and others
- Provide cover during the absence of other Product Evaluation team members, as required (i.e. testing, leave, illness etc.)
- Engineering administrative support for team meetings, which may include producing/circulating agendas; typing notes of meetings, this may require attendance at the meetings to take notes and identify actions and follow ups by other staff
- Producing/amending technical CPD type seminars and PowerPoint presentations disseminating findings and team briefings, as required
- Flexibility to support the Product Team and others in reacting to immediate and urgent operational issues
- Maintain accurate time recording on a timely basis including comprehensive records of CPD and training activities (both internal & external, formal and informal including such as shadowing and on-the-job training)
- Willingness to work in a team environment to cross cover for other Engineering work within IFC
- Other activities as required by Senior Management within the ethos of the company
Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
The application of recruitment, training, and promotion policies to all individuals will be on the basis of job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits.