Due to continued business growth, IFC Group are offering an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join our Product Evaluation department, working within an established team of experts who are responsible for undertaking engineering evaluations of timber-based fire doors on behalf of joinery companies, door manufacturers and main contractors.
Working within a small and friendly team you will develop your knowledge of timber-based fire doors and their behaviour on exposure to BS476: Part 22: 1987 fire test conditions. You will be required to gain a good understanding of the relevant fire test standards and become proficient at analysing and comparing fire test evidence.
Your primary focus will be the evaluation of client door designs to ascertain their potential to provide the required period of fire resistance, and once this is determined, you will prepare engineering assessment reports which will detail the approved constructional details, along with the relevant analysis/conclusions.
Working in a fast-paced business environment, you will be responsible for managing projects from initial enquiry stage, through to report delivery, ensuring all projects are delivered on time and within budget. This will involve the completion of a range of business functions including accurate recording of worked time, document control and the development/maintenance of client relationships.
The perfect role for any individual looking to start their career in fire engineering, you will be given full support in your development with training and guidance provided by senior colleagues. This position offers excellent prospects for progression, combined with opportunities to broaden your fire engineering knowledge/skills through collaboration with other IFC Group departments/teams.
- Manage multiple projects from initial enquiry to completion, ensuring budgets are not exceeded, delivery timescales are met and high levels of customer service are provided
- Evaluate and accurately interpret client information including Architect’s section/elevation drawings, door specifications, door schedules and ironmongery schedules
- Prepare comprehensive and accurate engineering assessment reports in accordance with the relevant standards and industry guidance
- Communicate with clients via telephone, email and/or in person, using an efficient and professional manner at all times
- Ensure all documents and drawings are published correctly via IFC’s project management software
- Record and keep track of your worked time by accurately completing a virtual timesheet on a daily basis
- Attend, and contribute to, internal team meetings
- Attend fire tests, site surveys and client meetings
- Achieve, improve or maintain professional status with the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) and any other relevant professional bodies
- Maintain Continuing Profession Development (CPD) by attending seminars and training/education courses to demonstrate technical competency. Keep up-to-date record of all completed CPD activities
Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
It is the policy of the IFC Group to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. The organisation is committed not only to its legal obligations but also to the positive promotion of equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
The application of recruitment, training, and promotion policies to all individuals will be on the basis of job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits.
The organisation recognises that adhering to the Equal Opportunities Policy, combined with relevant employment policies and practices, maximises the effective use of individuals in both the organisation’s and employee’s best interests. The IFC group recognises the great benefits in having a diverse workforce with different backgrounds, solely employed on ability.