To provide support to the IFC Fire Risk Management team and the wider IFC teams in the delivery of client facing fire safety work. To support the Head of Fire Risk Management in the delivery of an excellent service.
Located predominantly at the IFC HQ in Princes Risborough but flexible to work remotely on site or at other IFC regional offices.
Previous security clearances would be beneficial. A CSCS card is required.
- Provide fire risk management support to IFC’s Clients across the UK
- Maintain an expert knowledge of fire safety and fire risk management
- Remain abreast of legislative requirements and how standards and best practice support their application
- Support the wider IFC fire engineering and IFC Certification Ltd teams
- Correspondence, liaison, reporting, etc. with other staff and Clients, as required
- Deal with internal and external enquiries by telephone, email or personally in an efficient and professional manner
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the IFC Fire Risk Management suite of products
- Effectively plan and deliver role-related and fire safety activities in accordance IFC and Client expectations
- Identify opportunities to improve service delivery and contribute to the development of feasibility plans and implementation
- Attend meetings relating to the delivery of the Fire Risk Management service, and any other meeting as required
- Determine and use physical and financial resources effectively in accordance with budgetary expectations
- Contribute to the monitoring of quality assurance system compliance
- Ensure personal competence continues to meet the requirement of the IFC Competency Matrix and training plan
- Ensure IFC health, safety, environmental and quality procedures are implemented and complied with at all times
- Travel to sites as required to effect delivery of the agreed Client requirements
- Other activities as required by Senior Management within the ethos of the Company
Education & Experience
Registration on an industry recognised third party accreditation scheme for fire risk assessors is expected, or a clear path towards registration and evidence of progression.
Technical competency and qualification relating to the design or installation of fire protection systems (fire detection, suppression, and smoke control), experience delivering surveys of compartmentation, or qualifications relating to fire engineering will also be viewed favorably.