To provide support to the IFC Fire Risk Management team and the wider IFC teams in the delivery of client facing fire safety work. To support the Head of Fire Risk Management in the delivery service excellence.
Located at the IFC Birmingham office and flexible to work remotely on site throughout the UK and IFC regional offices as required.
- Provide fire risk management support to IFC’s Clients
- Support the wider IFC fire engineering and IFC Certification Ltd teams
- Correspondence, liaison, reporting, etc. with staff and Clients
- Deal with internal and external enquiries in an efficient and professional manner
- Effectively plan and deliver role-related and fire safety activities in accordance IFC and Client expectations
- Identify opportunities to improve service delivery and contribute to the development of feasibility plans and implementation
- Determine and use physical and financial resources effectively in accordance with budgetary expectations
- Contribute to the monitoring of quality assurance system compliance
- Ensure IFC health, safety, environmental and quality procedures are always implemented and complied with
- Travel to sites as required to effect delivery of the agreed Client requirements
- Registration with an industry recognised third party accreditation scheme for fire risk assessors
- CFPA Fire Prevention Diploma, Certificate in Fire Safety, or Diploma in Fire Safety (Fire Inspectors)
- Significant experience in the delivery of fire risk management activities
- Previous security clearances would be beneficial. A CSCS card is required
- Comfortable working on projects with limited supervision
- Ability to manage numerous challenges in a busy environment
- Excellent communication, people management and report writing skills
- High level of knowledge and extensive experience in delivering fire risk management and specifically fire risk assessments, across various sectors (residential, retail, healthcare, office, banking, military, government etc.
- Expert knowledge in a field of fire safety/particular industry sector advantageous.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant statutory documentation, codes of practice and guidance
- Good understanding of regulatory enforcement and experience of liaising and negotiating with enforcement authorities
- Understanding of fire safety relating to CDM
- Significant experience of large developments or capable individual with high potential
- Willingness to learn from senior colleagues
- Actively improve knowledge and skill base through CPD and peer working
- Demonstrate consistent professional conduct dealing with clients
- Demonstrate consistent compliance with IFC utilisation and productivity targets
- Share examples/working knowledge of best practise with colleagues
Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
It is the policy of the IFC Group to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. The organisation is committed not only to its legal obligations but also to the positive promotion of equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
The application of recruitment, training, and promotion policies to all individuals will be on the basis of job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits.
The organisation recognises that adhering to the Equal Opportunities Policy, combined with relevant employment policies and practices, maximises the effective use of individuals in both the organisation’s and employee’s best interests. The IFC group recognises the great benefits in having a diverse workforce with different backgrounds, solely employed on ability.